Sunday 24 June 2012

Today we have started the locks on the Huddersfield Narrow Canal.
The scenery is outstanding, as the canal meanders through woodlands with the glimpse of the Penines showing through.
We are moored at Mossley, a picturesque town on the River Tame.
Whilst having a meal at the Roaches Lock this afternoon, Wendy suddenly told me our boat was sideways across the canal. As she panicked I told her to pay the bill and I would go and investigate.
Our boat had been untied at both ends, but somebody had managed to loop the front rope onto a mooring bollard.
I secured the boat in such a way, that nobody could untie it again.
Later a man knocked on our boat and informed me that he spotted two local youths (10 years old) untying our boat. evidently they are known to the locals. He had taken photographs of them in the act, and had contacted the Police.
leaving Scout Tunnel 205 yards 
Wendy working the locks


No comments:

Post a Comment