Sunday, 7 October 2012

Yesterday at 10.15am We were given the all clear, and set off through the Stourport basin, joining the Severn shortly after.

We had pre booked moorings at Upton on Severn, as we heard that Upper Lode lock near Tewkesbury was still in red, due to the River Avon still being in flood condition.

Our trip down the Severn, was probably the best we have ever experienced, warm and sunny all the way, despite a high current.

We arrived at Upton Marina at 3.40pm.

We have rung Upper Lode lock this morning, and we have been informed that the river level is currently 2 foot above the closure level.

Tomorrow we have rain forecast, so unless we manage to find a 4 hour window to travel back to Gloucester today, we could be stranded at Upton for a few days.

Will keep you informed

No comments:

Post a Comment